2020 will forever be considered a pivotal year. We are not only entering a new decade, but a new way of working. That means Marketing will be at the head of the line, and those who bring skills, experience and built-up social capital will win the decade.
First, the Predictions:
- It’s all about images – video, Zoom and other streaming media and photography telling the story faster and in a more memorable way than ever before.
- Honesty and transparency must be part of the message.
- Empathy matters and it must be backed up with action.
- Are you listening? Communictions are two or three-way – not exective orders.
- New technology will make all of the above a bit easier.
Next, what skills will take marketing farther and faster?
- Social storytellers – The ability to break through via social media – that means being a story teller with truth and empathy where appropriate.
- Video editing – editing is the key to impact and excellence.
- Engagement – that means not only knowing who your audience is, but having a real connection. Like one-on-one.
- Change – remember the 1918 Flu Pandemic was followed by the Roaring 20’s – expect the same.
- Social capital – some might call this experience and karma – it means that experience and relationships will take you the farthest.
Summary – If you can move quickly, be real and have the experience to know what not to do – you will enjoy what’s to come, post Covid.
At the end of every day it is about people – their needs, fears, wants, hopes and dreams.